On Tuesday evening, April 21 at 6:00, the Sioux City Public Museum will host Odyssey of Acceptance: A look at coming to America from the perspective of immigrants and refugees. Hosted by Erica Deleon, director, Mary Treglia Community House with guest speaker Sanford Center Gang Outreach Supervisor George Sayavong. Erica DeLeon will provide a look at the 21st century struggles of immigrants and refugees and how world events shape people opinions of the many new faces arriving into Siouxland. George will relate his experiences after coming to America in 1988 as a refugee from Laos.
- Violins of Hope Documentary Screening in the Orpheum Lobby
- The Sioux Tolerance Week Exhibit opening at the Museum
- Joachim Prinz – I Shall Not Be Silent Documentary Screening at WITCC
- Area 8th Graders to Attend I am a Star: The Songs and Poems of Inge Auerbacher
- Main Event: I am a Star: The Songs and Poems of Inge Auerbacher